Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 11,2014 A nice surprise in my yard this morning!

Hi Everyone
While outside this morning I heard a small group of agatated  Black-capped Chickadee around a cavity in our front yard maple. As I checked out the mob scene I finally saw the reason, a gray morph Eastern Screech-Owl was in the cavity. The chickadees continued to mob the owl and a White-breasted Nuthatch and a downy woodpecker jion in too. After a while the birds appearred to lose interest and carried on feeding at my nearby feeders. The screech-owl stayed all day and finally departed at dusk. 

Good birding,
Bruce



A roosting Eastern Screech-Owl  in my front yard in Carp.

As the morning warmed up the screech-owl came out of the cavity to sun bath. 

Towards dusk it was finally alert and open its eyes. 

Just before leaving for the night it started looking around the area. 


No comments: