Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10, 2012 Gray Partridge in Kanata


Hi Ontbirders
This afternoon around 2:00 p.m. I observed 9 Gray Partridge near the corner Terry Fox Drive and Campeau Drive. The partridge were feeding beside the Staples store where there is exposed grass along the buildings foundation on the west side. I also observed a couple of flocks of Bohemian Waxwing 50 and 30 along Kanata Ave near Campeau Drive. There was 1 Northern Shrike near the corner of Richardson Side Road and Huntmar Drive. This is the 10th shrike I've observed in the past week in eastern Ontario.

Directions: This area is north of the Maple Grove Road GRPA site and bordered by Huntmar Road,, Richardson Side Road, Terry Fox Drive and Hwy. 417.




I had just finishing shopping at Staples and as I drove out of the parking lot I noticed a flock of Gray Partridge. They were feeding along the exposed grass on the west side of the store. I didn't have my camera with me but managed a photo with my iPhone.   

No comments: